Finishing off 2019 with some exciting shows around Australia (details below), so thought I’d share some music. AEDT is something I created a while ago that doesn’t fit with an album, but I really enjoyed making and listening back to.
- 03.11.2019: Rutherglen (VIC), AU. A Weekend With festival.
- 20.11.2019: Hobart, AU. Altar. with Steve Gunn (USA).
- 21.11.2019: Castlemaine (VIC), AU. Theatre Royal. with Steve Gunn (USA) + Tiny Ruins (NZ).
- 24.11.2019: Sydney, AU. The Red Rattler. with Steve Gunn (USA) + Tiny Ruins (NZ).
- 18.12.2019: Melbourne, AU. The Curtin. with Ryley Walker (USA) + Leah Senior.
- 20.12.2019: Sydney, AU. Petersham Bowlo. with Ryley Walker (USA) + D.C Cross.
- 21.12.2019: Thirroul, AU. Franks Wild Years. with Ryley Walker (USA).
Firstly, apologies for the silence on this site. Has been an enjoyable year so far, mostly working behind the scenes. Have had the pleasure to play some fantastic shows this year though – a couple of shows supporting Calexico in Brisbane and Byron Bay, another couple in Brisbane supporting Chuck Johnson and These Guy; before a bit of a break until June for shows at MONA in Hobart and at Melbourne Recital Centre supporting Hauschka.
I’ve mostly been working on a new album though! It is finished and I can’t wait to share more details about it later this year. For now though, check out my live page for info on a few special performances coming up over the next few months.
Happy New Year!
To start the year off, here’s some recent archival music. I contributed an exclusive live excerpt for Soundscapes and Subsequence Radio’s most recent compilation. My track is above, check out the whole compilation!
Soundscapes is a monthly performance night showcasing a broad range of music, started by Chris Finnigan in 2016, joined by Reuben Ingall in 2017. It’s on the first Thursday of each month at Smiths Alternative in Canberra.
Subsequence is a weekly electronic+/experimental music radio show produced by Reuben Ingall for 2XXFM, and heard around Australia via the Community Radio Network.
Proceeds from online sales go into the Soundscapes kitty – used to cover printing costs, and guarantee artist-fees in the event of low-turnout Soundscapes nights through the year.