Happy new year!
I’ve got some exciting news to tell about my next album in the coming week, but in the meantime I wanted to share a remix I made for my friends A Country Practice. The Australian summer has been a mess of stress, trauma and climate crisis for so many people here; so being able to reinterpret flood into fire was cathartic.
Finishing off 2019 with some exciting shows around Australia (details below), so thought I’d share some music. AEDT is something I created a while ago that doesn’t fit with an album, but I really enjoyed making and listening back to.
- 03.11.2019: Rutherglen (VIC), AU. A Weekend With festival.
- 20.11.2019: Hobart, AU. Altar. with Steve Gunn (USA).
- 21.11.2019: Castlemaine (VIC), AU. Theatre Royal. with Steve Gunn (USA) + Tiny Ruins (NZ).
- 24.11.2019: Sydney, AU. The Red Rattler. with Steve Gunn (USA) + Tiny Ruins (NZ).
- 18.12.2019: Melbourne, AU. The Curtin. with Ryley Walker (USA) + Leah Senior.
- 20.12.2019: Sydney, AU. Petersham Bowlo. with Ryley Walker (USA) + D.C Cross.
- 21.12.2019: Thirroul, AU. Franks Wild Years. with Ryley Walker (USA).
Firstly, apologies for the silence on this site. Has been an enjoyable year so far, mostly working behind the scenes. Have had the pleasure to play some fantastic shows this year though – a couple of shows supporting Calexico in Brisbane and Byron Bay, another couple in Brisbane supporting Chuck Johnson and These Guy; before a bit of a break until June for shows at MONA in Hobart and at Melbourne Recital Centre supporting Hauschka.
I’ve mostly been working on a new album though! It is finished and I can’t wait to share more details about it later this year. For now though, check out my live page for info on a few special performances coming up over the next few months.